Thursday, March 15, 2007

Very busy and No Accomplishment???

I find myself very busy for the past few days and really exhausted, but seems there was no accomplishment at all! What was wrong?!!!

I just realized that I was trying to look for a 100K figure in the report which the users told me that they can't find it out. It's baffling coz all the figures were coming from the same system for consolidation, but users produced two reports with different formats.

I wasted more than five bloody days to figure it out. The reason I had deviated from the original design was due to overwhelming information given to me. It seems I absorbed all the information, but forgotten to relate those information from the report that was to do the reconciliation.

After reviewing all the information, I found out that the reconciliation report was correct but interpreted by users as they saw it fit!!!

It took only about an hour to convince them that the report was correct, unfortunately I already wasted my time. Sigh...

Lesson: Don't lose your target/goal.

No comments: