Thursday, January 11, 2007

What is it in writing?

I was always scolded for not writing notes especially when I was still in primary and secondary schools. Unless notes were given grades or inspected by the teachers, I preferred not to write.

I hated composition and theme writing activities for then, I didn't knew its purpose and advantage. But since it's part of curriculum, I had no recourse but to endure and did the writing.

Fast forward!!! Information Age. Everybody, children included, can now write anything they wish, then publish and the whole world can read it! Blogging is the name of the game. (hmmm... why do I blog then? for fun i suppose... hehehe)

But, what is it really in writing!? Basically, it's someone expressing himself for the record.

I realized the importance and advantage when I started to work and earn for a living. A person can be one step ahead majority of the pack when he expresses himself clearly.

It just sad to note though, that in the time of information age people can send out messages at any time by way of email and some information can be omitted. Omission may cause some confusion/problem in the future, and the message received can be misinterpreted.

Often people can express themselves verbally, but once you ask them to put what they said in writing most will cringe hearing the request.

If somebody wants to get out of "modern slavery", he better learn communication skills, verbal and writing.

No comments: