Monday, January 8, 2007

Back to Reality

I tried to always go back to my home country to unwind during Christmas season even without enough leave credits. So, I have to negotiate for unpaid leave even if it means losing some part of my salary. I guess I have to "reward" myself of a deserving rest.

It's very relaxing to be rid of phone calls, internet access and responding of email messages and other things that need to be completed asap. Just lazying around or reading some books seem to be a bliss... A day was supposedly 24 hours long, but I felt that a day was only an hour long.

hmmm.... Did I enjoy the deserving rest? I think so, otherwise I would have felt a minute was endless.

How I hoped that this bliss will be forever!!!

And suddenly, the day i dreaded most had finally come! Waking up was a drag, and how I wished that my "reward" had just started. I didn't even intend to pack up, and totally forgotten to buy things for "pasalubong". [What is "pasalubong" in English? :( Is it giveaway? I'm not sure... will ask other people when I remember... haha..]

hmm... I also forgot to buy my supply of chewing gums which can't be bought in the country where I work. I felt very miserable!!!

Oops... Time seemed to run faster, and I had to rush to the airport!!! I was caught up in the traffic jam, then reaching to the airport the queues were surprisingly very long!!! The two hours I thought will be eternity zap in a wink of an eye. I didn't even have a minute to buy things in the airport. I even had to run to board the plane... sigh

I realized I'm already back in reality even before I reached my destination. I told myself not to access the net or email until I report to office the following day just to savor the little time left of the bliss I'm yearning again...

Goodbye fantasy world!!! Welcome back to the real world!!!

No comments: