Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thinking as Entrepreneur

Technical people have different mindset as that of entrepreneurs. The fields are totally different. And I'm thinking of becoming an entrepreneur for quite sometime now. I thought it would be nice to break out from modern slavery.

I've discussed this subject matter with a best friend, and her inputs were quite invaluable. She's most exposed to this matter than I do. I would have thought differently without her inputs. It was discussed more on general terms, though I would have preferred to discuss it with her in details, but I felt pai sei.

I also contacted a very good resource person which I thought he might have some experience. He's my dad! Yes. I have to talk to him for an hour in a long distance call. But the cost is worth it.

After discussing with Dad the details, the pros & cons, the terminologies used and some formula I found that it's not as straight forward being entrepreneur. The subject matter becomes more complex when money is involved. Financial statement, profit and loss subjects made my mind whirling.

Not that I don't understand! I thought I've studied and understand all these things. But when I think like entrepreneur and having investors in mind, strategies and the best way to move forward, it's totally different from studying. I need to cover almost all things that I can think of to make things feasible. Getting your hands dirty changes your mindset compared to all in theory.

It's best to think these things over and over and over until everything is clear. But definitely I'll give it a shot. We'll see the next few days... The ball is in my court, and I have to play with it...

I'll keep my fingers crossed...

No comments: