Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pacman Fever

The first time I heard people talking about Pacman, I thought they're referring to the arcade game that gobble up everything on its way... sort of.

Wrong!

Pacman is a boxer that people talk about. He's so good that he knocked out his every opponent. I don't really follow things about him, but seems like everyone is talking about him.

Last Sunday, he had a fight in Las Vegas, and Philippines was reported to stand still with zero crime rate. Everyone was glued to their tv sets or some venues that people can watch him fight.

I was caught with the fever!!!

Not to be outdone, I checked the internet if I can watch the fight online. There's no pay-per-view channel in the country I'm in, at least none that I know of, so I resorted to internet.

Pacland is a known site dedicated to the boxer, and I checked it out. Once in a while it's inaccessible due to heavy traffic, and even redirected the traffic to a temporary server just to keep up and running.

Some people posted their YM addresses to let others watch the fight through webcam. hmmm... Sounds everyone was so desperate to watched the fight.

Some radio stations can't even account the fight blow-by-blow due to broadcast licensing.

Sopcast was to the rescue! I managed to watched the live fight through it. There were two channels broadcasting online, and streaming was very good.

The fight was good, however, the anticipation of so much "fireworks" was so high that the action so far didn't meet what was expected.

Satisfaction of watching the fight live is better, rather than depend on the news and some commentaries.

No comments: