Monday, July 9, 2007

Be Evil???

I just went to one of our clients to fix some network connectivity issue. Earlier on, I instructed them to check the cables to make sure everything is intact and connected. Surely, they told me everything was connected.

It's disappointing to learn that these people just say anyhow, yet they never really properly checked. True to my suspicion, the cable was really disconnected.

Then they asked another question which every application in the workstation can print except for a particular one. I informed them that they have to call the application's vendor to fix the issue coz it's nothing to do with the printer.

My principle is to help people whenever I can. If these people can't even help me to get the information to help them out, why should I do it for them? It's against my principle though I think I better learn to be evil! Can I call this act evil?!

If people don't appreciate your effort and even make your life more difficult, then might as well let them resolve their own problem. I would only bother to do things within the job scope!

Lesson: Learn to be evil.


No comments: